Carrot Cake ~ Moist & Soft | Step by Step Recipe

Carrot Cake
My search for the perfectly moist and soft carrot cake recipe ends here. I made this previously twice and I was not at all happy with the result as the texture was a bit too dense and the cake was also sticky. So this time I made some changes to the quantities and tweaked it a little bit to make it low fat and was successful in achieving a moist and soft cake which also happened to taste like yummy carrot halwa as I was craving for some. In fact this cake stayed moist throughout the 3 days when I kept it at room temperature. As this cake is milk free it is suitable for lactose tolerant people.
See how perfectly it has come out... I just smeared some melted chocolate on top as some was left from the Devil’s Food cake that I baked previously, to make it more appealing to the kids. But this cake can be had on its own or you can also go in for a cream cheese frosting but I was not keen.


Carrot Cake ~ Moist & Soft

(Print this Recipe)
You’ll need:


Method:
Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees C. Prepare a baking tin by greasing it with oil and flouring it and keep it ready.
Sieve together all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder twice and keep it aside.

 
Beat eggs well. Add the sugar and beat till frothy and smooth. If you do not have a electric hand mixer you can also do this manually with a egg beater.


Add the oil and stir once. Add the sieved dry ingredients and stir to make a smooth batter.


Now add the cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, chopped cashew nuts, grated carrots and mix well with a spatula.


Transfer the batter to the prepared baking tin. I used a round aluminium tin. You can also a loaf tin or any other tray.


Bake for 20-25 min or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. It took me 30 mins in my oven. Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Demould, Slice and Serve as it is or with any frosting of your choice. 


Notes:


This delicious cake is off to my events, Let’s Cook~Sweet Somethings, I love Baking #1, Anjali’s Cakes, Cookies & Desserts, Anzz’s Valentine Special and to Sangeetha’s Show me your HITS
 
Technorati Tags: ,,

Labels: , , , , ,