Eggless Dates Cake Recipe (No Eggs,Butter,Milk) | Step by Step

Eggless Dates Cake


Can a cake be baked moist with just water ? If you are doubtful then I must say that this is the best moist cake that I had baked so far considering the fact that this cake has no butter, eggs or milk not to mention that almost half the process is done over the stove top before baking.  This way of baking a cake is definitely new to me and if I had any second thoughts about the result of the cake when I read through the recipe which my friend gave me,everything was cleared once I saw the rising cake and the texture of it and this one is definitely a keeper of an eggless cake recipe.

 


A hearty thanks to my dear friend Jenny, who insisted that bake this cake when I voiced my doubts upon reading the process. She got the recipe from a TV show I guess. I need not have to give a step by step for this cake as it is so damn easy and a simple one even for a beginner. But I choose to do so to clear any second thoughts that you may get like me after going through the recipe completely. Now off to the bake...

 


Eggless Dates Cake

You’ll need:

 


Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees C. Prepare a baking tray by greasing and flouring it. I used my favorite loaf pan.

 

Measure all purpose flour and to that add baking soda. Sieve together twice and keep it aside.

 

In a vessel or pan measure the sugar. To this add salt and mix well.

 

Next goes in the cinnamon powder and finely chopped pitted dates.

 

Next goes in the vegetable and water. Now mix everything together. Place the vessel on the stove and bring it to a boil. when you start to see the bubbles around the sides, simmer the flame completely and let it cook for 15-20 min. Your home should smell heavenly by now.

 

Take off the stove and cool it completely. This will take at least 1-1/2 to 2 hours for this given quantity. Now add honey, sieved flour little by little while mixing. You can use an electric hand mixer to get the job done easily but I chose to do it by hand and this will also take some time comparatively. Make sure that there are no lumps. Transfer the batter to the prepared tray and bake for 35-40 min or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Mine took 55 min as I had 2 trays.

 

As I had no idea of how much the cake is going to rise, I just filled to the half of the loaf pan and still had some remaining batter left, so I filled another small tray. As you can see the cake has risen well. It was also spongy and springy to the touch.

 


When I sent this for my kids school break, all the kids at school loved it so much and my own came back with a request for me to make for the next day too. This time I wanted to try it with whole wheat flour and bake it gluten free. So after sieving, I stored the flour in a container. Prepared the water base around 7 in the evening and left it over night to cool. In the morning all I had to do was mix in the sieved flour and shove it into the oven. The result was just too good. As I had left the dates to soak overnight the cake tasted even more excellent this time. So, bake it right away and do tell me how this cake out for you.

 

cori 043


Notes:

 

 

This is off to Let’s Cook~Sweet Somethings, I Love Baking #1, Show me your HITS, Bakefest, Sweet Luv, Cakes, Cookies & DessertsValentine Special, Hearty & Healthy & Healthy Diets

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

Labels: , , , , , , ,