Spiced-up Carrot Sago Kheer ~ Guest Post for Kavi @ Edible Entertainment

Spiced up Carrot Sago Kheer
I am an admirer of her lovely locks and her cute chubby smile. A blogger who interacts to the world around her with her funky narrative and never misses to put a smile on my face while reading through her write ups.  I’m sure you all would have guessed her by now, She is none other than Kavitha aka as Kavi... When she asked me to do a guest post in her space, I was so delighted, as the name she had given to this series was “Cooking with Kin”. It is always nice to do something special for your friends. I feel so honored that she chose me to feature first in her guest post series. Thank you dear for having me over.


I wanted to do something sweet to cheer up the girl who is sitting down for her C.A. exams. I know how much she must be reeling under the exam pressure. So this kheer is to spice up the girl. I had this kheer at my SIL’s place when I went to visit my In-Laws during Pongal last month. She had seen this in some TV show and it tasted fantastic. So I chose to do the kheer my way keeping the basic spicing up part as it is. It came out very well and the kids kept asking for more. With this kheer, I would like to send my best wishes to the girl. Study hard... Do your Best... and leave the rest to GOD.
Spiced up Carrot Sago Kheer

You’ll need:

Method: 
Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan. Add broken cashew nuts and roast till they are golden brown in color. Drain and keep aside.
In the same pan add the remaining ghee and add the clove and cinnamon. Sauté for a few seconds. Add the sago and sauté over low flame till they start puffing up.
Now add the water and bring it to a boil. Simmer the flame and continue to cook for 7-10 min stirring in between till the sago is completely cooked. Add more warm water if you find it becoming dry. Find and discard the clove and cinnamon.
Pour the milk and the grated carrot and continue to cook for 10-12 min. You will see the milk thickening slightly.  


 This healthy kheer is off to my event Let’s Cook ~ Sweet Somethings, Sangeetha’s HITS, Kalyani’s Serve with Love, Sumee’s Bon Vivant, Vardhini’s Sweet Luv and to Sravani’s CC: Dish for Loved Ones

Labels: , , ,