Double Chocolate Loaf Cake | Step By Step

Double Chocolate Loaf Cake

I feel so happy to be sharing with you all my 350th post. Would it have been possible without you all? Hmmm... I don’t think so. Thank you friends for cheering me this long to help me reach here. Even before I bought my favorite loaf pan, I had bookmarked this cake to try it out at a later date. Never thought that it would turn out to be one of the most delicious and sinful cake. As the kids at home are so fanatic about chocolate they loved every bite of it and not to mention their whole gang of friends playing “Business” at home. The slices just vanished right in front of my eyes. Thank God I had clicked them earlier and kept it in the fridge as the temperature out was so hot.

Double Chocolate Loaf Cake

You’ll need:

For the Topping:

Method:

Preheat the oven @ 180 Degrees Celsius. Grease and flour a 9’ x 5’ loaf pan and keep it ready. Pulse the almonds with the skin coarsely in a food processor and keep aside.

Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

Now add sieved flour, cocoa powder, milk, almond essence. Break open the eggs into the mixture. Now beat everything together at medium speed for 3-4 mins until smooth.

Now add the coarsely pulsed almonds and chocolate chips and give it a mix. Scrape the batter onto the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Remove from the over and let it cool off for 10 mins. Transfer to a wire rack and let it come to room temperature. Meanwhile, for the topping melt both the chocolates in 2 separate bowls by double boiler method. I microwaved them.

Spoon them over the cooled cake alternating them. Keep aside for the topping to set. You can also keep it in the refrigerator shelf like I did,  if it happens to be very hot outside.

Isn’t it so easy? Yet delicious and downright sinful. Once set, slice and enjoy.

Notes:

Using almond essence and almond is optional. They do not alter the taste of the cake in any way.

I did not have castor sugar. So used powdered regular sugar instead.

Make sure that the eggs and butter are at room temperature.

Oven timings will vary accordingly.

This is off to I Love Baking #3, Only Snacks, Tea Time Snacks

Labels: , , , ,