Chikoo Milkshake

Chikoo Milkshake
The heat is killing me... I know, I know... I have said that many times before... I have never been known to survive well during cold season and the hot weather is okay for me usually but this season it is too much even for me. Did you all see the match between CSK and MI yesterday. My, what a match. Unfortunately when there were just 5 over left there was a major power fluctuation and finally the power went off.

I sat at the verandah hoping for a cool breeze but not a single leaf moved. Everything was standstill and all I could do was gulp down 2 full bottles of water. Everything and anything cold did rounds in my head while I sat dozing on and off. Finally the power came back at around 1.30 a.m. One of the worst nights in the whole summer season. I guess we have to wait for another 2-3 days for the “Agni Natchathiram” to get over, to expect a respite from the heat.


Today’s recipe is yet another milkshake made of chikoos. I love this brownish fruit that is so sweet and the grainy texture not to mention those cute tear drop like seeds in the middle of it.

 

Chikoo Milkshake

You’ll need:
Chikoo / Sapotta –3 to 4
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – to taste
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Ice cubes – 4 to 5 * ( See Notes)

Method:

Wash the chikoos well. Remove the skin and seeds and cut into big chunks. In a blender place the chikoos and sugar and run the mixer till they become a pulp.

Now add milk, essence, ice cubes or frozen milk and run the mixer till the shake becomes smooth and frothy.

Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.


Notes:

This is off to Let’s Cook – Fruits, Summer Spunk, Bon Vivant - Fruit Recipes

Labels: ,